Monday, December 14, 2015

24 Days

Today as I sit down to write this I come to the realization that I will be boarding a plane and embarking on my new adventure in 24 days. I can hardly sit still. I am fully of every emotion you can possibly imagine. As long as I can remember, Spanish has been my favorite subject. I have always wanted to learn more about the language and culture, and especially, TRAVEL. In 24 days, I get the opportunity to do so. The one thing I hope for most is to return with a wealth of knowledge I never could have acquired in the states. I hope to improve my Spanish immensely, and find the confidence to speak it more often and fluently. I hope to see the world in a new light and have my eyes opened to experiences I have only dreamed of until this point in my life. As much as I cannot wait to go, I am surprised by the amount of fear and hesitation I have. I am nervous to leave the life I have behind, and nervous that I will not be able to make friends in Spain, and that I will be so overwhelmed by the native speakers that I will not be able to communicate. I wonder how I will react to a different world and how I will manage this new experience on my own. I wonder what my favorite memory will be and how many pictures I will take. My questions will begin to be answered in 24 days. My fears will be faced dead on in 24 days. But, more importantly than anything else, I will be living my dream in 24 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment